Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh Canada!!!

When we were still in SF discussing our move to Vancouver with people, they'd often say:
a.) "Wow, Vancouver's beautiful!"
b.) "Nice weather"
and some very shrewd practical ones would say, "Free insurance!" and then silence. That's it.

I should have taken it as a bad sign that no one--and I mean NO ONE--ever mentioned the shopping which was so unlike the reaction when I announced my move to the States years ago. Glorious squeals of "Target!" or "Barney's" or "Ooh! Outlets" rang in my ears until my flight TO SF. :)

By the way, items a.) and b.) are kinda true although I HAVE YET to find the weather nice as in really nice (meaning, 80 degrees). Ok back to shopping. I was super happy to read the post yesterday on  fashionista.com about "Northern American brands Worth Obsessing About". Hmmmmm...I read the title not once but twice. Could it be Canada?! Woohoo!  Of course I knew about Lululemon's Canadian beginnings and Roots, etc but I never really really heard of uniquely Canadian brands!  Below are the two I'm super excited about:



First of, Obakki. I like their neutral colors and seems perfect if you want to start a "uniform" system --something I think I might adapt once I become a mom and no longer have the time to even blink. Haha! Their store's nearby so I shall go!


Next, ooh! Joe's. My friend Mona raved about their clothes before and so I just had to see. I'm going to Canada Superstore (yes, our version of Wal-Mart here) tomorrow to peruse Joe's aisles sans the hubby who was agonizingly with me the first time I went.  So until Target reaches our shores (2013, come already!!!), it'll be Joe's for me (I think).

P.s. Typing "Target" a couple of times made me miss shopping in the States. *sigh* must.get.US.VISA!

Images from Fashionista.com 

2 comments:

  1. I love Joe! Their jammies are my fave :D there's another store I like although not entirely sure if it's Canadian -- aritzia. Kinda pricey but gorgeous clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still excited to explore Canada with you babe! Love you and I hope to see you in Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete